Gorey & North Wexford Website.
This village is located next to Courtown and takes its name from an old church sited near the river. The present Catholic Church, The Star of the Sea, dates from 1880. The village has grown in recent years with a large increase in houses supplying accommodation to tourist and local residents alike. The local national school has doubled in size and is located alone the road through the village.
The main street of the village itself also also found a new lease of life with the increase in population and now there are more retails units with a grocery shop, a hairdressers, a take away etc.