Gorey & North Wexford Website.
Camolin village, with a population of just over three hundred is situated on the N11 road from Gorey to Ferns. The Bann river flows on the outskirts of the village, which is noted for it's supply of brown trout.
Prior to 1914 fair days were held in Camolin. In the 18th century Camolin Park was built by the Annesley Family, one of whom became Earl of Mountnorris. In recent years the house was demolished and the lands were sold to the Land Commission.
It is now called Camolin Park Forest and contains over 600 acres of woodlands. The name of one of the family, Lord Valentia, is preserved in the name of Valentia House, now a nursing home.